Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Scrapbook Paper-Inspired Flower Cookies

I decided to use my last week of freedom (aka the last week of summer school) to make my son's teachers some cookies.  It's been awhile since I was able to make cookies just for fun, so I really enjoyed getting to use some creativity to come up with the designs and colors.  Like the title suggests, I based these off of this scrapbook paper:


Cute, right?  So here are the cookies:






These were a lot of fun to make.  And it was nice to get to do a variety of designs instead of making the same cookie over and over again. 

I also tried out Sugardeaux's recipe for royal icing that has butter and vanilla extracts, and it got rave reviews from everyone. I may have to switch over for good. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love seeing where fellow cookiers get their inspiration. These are so pretty and cheery!

SugarFairy said...

Debbie:
I love this set of cookies...gorgeous(I love that scrapbook paper too)!!!



Roxanne
(aka)SugarFairy

Unknown said...

These are beautiful!


LilaLoa said...

These are excellent!! I love the colors and the patterns and your handwriting is PERFECT!!

Timmi Park said...

So, did you make the switch permanently to her royal icing?

Debbie said...

Yes, Timmi, I have.