Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Macarons with Caramel Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Ok, ok.  I know you're probably all getting tired of macarons, but I guess I've become pretty obsessed with them.  I'm finding that most of the people I know have never had or even heard of macarons, so I used up most of my last batch to convert people to the macaron cause.  Now usually I'm looking for ways to get rid of all the treats I've made so that I don't feel like I have to eat them all before they go bad, but I found myself actually staring at the container thinking "Should I really give the people at my son's preschool some of these?  Because if I do, I need to bring one for everybody and that only leaves a few for me to eat..."  But I passed the test.  I gave away most of the macarons.

So then my husband selflessly told me I should make some more macarons.  (It had nothing to do with the fact that I would have egg yolks laying around and that I might as well make some more of that caramel ice cream for him.  He's seriously obsessed with that ice cream.)  Anyway, I found a recipe for caramel Swiss meringue buttercream to use as a filling.  And of course it was delicious.  One more recipe to go into my ever-growing recipe collection.

Later this week I'll show you the cookies I have planned as a thank you for my orthodontist.  

1 comments:

Unknown said...

They are very pretty! You are really perfecting these!