Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Macarons with Espresso Ganache and Raspberry Cream Cheese Filling (Sanity Sunday)

This was my second try at macarons, and it went so much more smoothly!  I chose to make the basic macaron again, and I made two fillings, espresso ganache and raspberry cream cheese.  This ganache recipe made a much thicker, more substantial filling, so I didn't have the problem I had last time.  And the new food processor made grinding the almonds so much easier!  (On a side note, I LOVE my new food processor!  It works a thousand times better than my old one.  I need to find more things I can process now...)    Anyway, the macarons turned out exactly as I'd hoped.  None of them cracked (I had a few do that last time), and they all formed perfect and even little feet.  And they're so pretty! 




Perfect, right?  I'm so proud of myself!  (FYI, there are dark specks on the macarons because I used some almond meal I bought before I got the new food processor, and they apparently leave the skins on the almonds before they grind them.)

3 comments:

Matt said...

Beautiful and delicious! I'm so proud of you. You are really becoming an amazing cook in such a short time.

I'm the luckiest guy in the world!! (And not just because of the yummy treats.)

Grant and Vicki said...

The Macarons were amazing! What a delicacy! Absolutely delicious. I agree with Matt: you've got the touch!!! THANKS!

April said...

Those are so perfect, Debbie. They look like such a special treat!