Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Saint Patrick's Day (Sanity Sunday)

It's been awhile since I've had a Sanity Sunday.  My toddler keeps getting sick, which means I keep getting sick, and then my husband was on a business trip last Sunday.  So finally I got a chance to play in the kitchen and I thought it was time to try out my Saint Patrick's Day cookie cutters.  I didn't really plan these out the way I usually do, so I didn't end up getting creative at all with the clover cookies, but oh well.  It was still fun to play.


For the pots of gold, I couldn't decide if I wanted to use gold luster dust or sanding sugar, so I tried both.  I can't decide which I like more.  It's hard to see in the picture, but the left one has luster dust and the right sanding sugar.  I think it might have been better if I did the luster dust wet.

I love making mini cookies.  I liked how the little round ones with the clovers turned out.
And here is what happens when you give a two-year-old a cookie with green icing that isn't quite dry yet.
Yes, my two-year-old needs a haircut like crazy, but we've been sick practically nonstop the last month, so don't judge.

I'm going to send most of these off to my little guy's preschool, but of course I have to send a little care package to my little guy's Saint Patrick's Day-loving honorary grandparents.

2 comments:

Kenni said...

Those mini's are too cute! Not to mention your little green monster. C=

Grant and Vicki said...

TOP 'O THE MORNIN' and THANK YOU my honorary daughter! The cookies are too "good" to eat... like eating art! Fortunately I accidentally broke a couple of them and so HAD to eat them. They are "good" to eat too - as in delicious! Give our little leprechaun a squeeze! Hope to see you soon!